Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- General Tips for Web Scraping with Python – Thoughts and tips about scraping data from websites for personal use.
- Parsing Text for Emotion Terms: Analysis & Visualization Using R –Using R for analysis of emotions expressed through text.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to d3.js – Advice on how to dive into visualization using d3.js.
- Confused By Data Visualization? Here’S How To Cope In A World Of Many Features – The importance on knowing how to communicate data in an effective manner.
- Top Recent Big Data videos on YouTube – A list of some of the most popular Youtube videos focusing on Big Data.
- Top 10 SQL interview questions for tech professionals – Practice with 10 sample interview questions on SQL.
- Modern Machine Learning Algorithms: Strengths and Weaknesses – An analysis and comparison of some Machine Learning Algorithms.
- Getting Into Data Science: What You Need to Know – Tips for individuals looking to enter into the field of Data Science.
- Descriptive Statistics Key Terms, Explained – A list of descriptive statistics key terms with accompanying Python example code.
- Saatchi LA Trained IBM Watson to Write Thousands of Ads for Toyota – How IBM Watson was trained to create promotions.
- A Survival Guide For The Coming AI Revolution – A look at how to prepare for the growth of the increasingly popular field of Artificial Intelligence.
- What is optimization and how it improves planning outcomes – An discussion about the goals of Optimization and its importance.
- IBM Watson thinks it can use AI to fight opioid addiction – IBM Watson partners to help identify at risk individuals and deliver intervention sooner.
- Must-Know: What are common data quality issues for Big Data and how to handle them? – A look into the common issues facing Big Data.
- How Big Data Analytics Is Solving Big Advertiser Problems – The role of Big Data Analytics in Marketing and Advertising.
- Do I Need An Advanced Degree To Become A Data Scientist? – Quora response to the question of data science and education level.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- Data Science: Basic Statistics and Simulation Modeling in Python (Hands-On) – May 25, 2017 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm; Lighthouse Labs 46 Spadina Avenue Toronto
Featured Courses From Cognitive Class
- SQL and Relational Databases 101 – Learn the basics of the database querying language, SQL.
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I – Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases – Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.