Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- The Value of Exploratory Data Analysis – A high level overview of Exploratory Data Analysis.
- A Dramatic Tour through Python’s Data Visualization Landscape (including ggpy and Altair) – Rundown of traditional and new python visualization packages.
- Top 16 Machine Learning, Data Mining, and NLP Books for Data Scientists – 16 Books about ML, Data Mining and NLP that are worth reading.
- The History of Neural Networks – The history of neural networks in the context of Deep Learning.
- Development lifecycles for defining the meaning and structure of the data lake. – Understanding the relationship between various activities around the data lake.
- What to do with all that machine learning data – Combining Machine Learning and Decision Optimization in today’s businesses.
- How Big Data Helps Today’s Airlines Operate – The reason why companies are placing more value in insights gained from Big Data Analytics.
- NumPy Cheat Sheet – Python for Data Science
– A cheat sheet to help with the use of NumPy functions.
- Big Data 101: Intro to Probabilistic Data Structures – A look into different data structures used during data analysis.
- Hot or Not? Top Programming Languages Today
– A look into different trends in choice of programming languages.
- Is Blockchain the Ultimate Enabler of Data Monetization? – Discussion about the ability of blockchain to aid in the monetization of data and data analytics insights.
- What Makes a Good Analyst? – The different skills that contribute to the becoming a better analyst.
- March ’17 New Package Picks – A pick for the top 40 R packages released in March 2017.
- Meet the IBM Watson-powered robot that could make your next smartphone – How a cloud-connected robot arm could become the factory robots of tomorrow.
- Planet analytics: big data, sustainability, and environmental impact – A look at the relationship between Big Data and Environmental Sustainability.
- Data scientists really love their jobs, survey finds – The results of a CrowdFlower survey on data scientists and their satisfaction with their jobs.
Featured Courses From BDU
- SQL and Relational Databases 101
– Learn the basics of the database querying language, SQL.
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- Data Science: Classification Algorithms in Python(Hands-On) – April 25, 2017 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- UofT Data Science Workshop: Intro to Clustering with R – May 2, 2017 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- UofT Data Science Workshop: Intro to Classification with R –May 4, 2017 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Cool Data Science Videos
- Machine Learning With Python – Dimensionality Reduction – Feature Extraction & Selection – Dimensionality Reduction using Feature Extraction and Selection.
- Machine Learning With Python – Unsupervised Learning – Density Based Clustering – A video from our Machine Learning with Python BDU course on Density Based Clustering.
- Machine Learning With Python – Measuring The Distances Between Clusters – HIERARCHICAL CLUSTERING – A video covering measuring the distances between clusters using hierarchal clustering.