Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- Top mistakes data scientists make when dealing with business people – A discussion of the three top mistakes data scientists make.
- 4 Trends in Artificial Intelligence that affect enterprises. – Four AI trends that stand out in their affect on companies and enterprises.
- R Best Practices: R you writing the R way! – A list of programming practices that result in improved readability, consistency, and repeatability.
- The 5 Best Reasons To Choose MYSQL – and its 5 Biggest Challenges – Reasons to use MYSQL and the common challenges associated.
- 7 types of job profiles that make you a Data Scientist – A discussion of the common skill sets of different data scientist profiles.
- Detecting Hackers & Impersonators with Machine Learning – Applying Machine Learning to faster detect phishing attacks.
- Some Lesser-Known Deep Learning Libraries – A list of lesser known but useful Deep Learning libraries.
- In case you missed it: March 2017 roundup – Articles about R programming from Revolutions.
- Investing, Fast & Slow – Part 2: Investment for Data Scientists 101 – Second part in a discussion series on investing and data science from Dataconomy.
- 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science – A list of interesting Machine Learning and Data Science reads.
- Integrate Sparkr And R For Better Data Science Workflow – How to work with R and Sparkr for wrangling with large datasets.
- Can Watson, the Jeopardy champion, solve Parkinson’s? – Toronto Researchers are using Watson to help find a cure for Parkinson’s.
- The Henry Ford to debut ‘cognitive dress’ using IBM Watson technology
– The Henry Ford will display a dress created from a collaboration between Marchesa and IBM Watson.
- The Democratization of Machine Learning: What It Means for Tech Innovation – How accessible ML can further spur tech innovation.
- 3 reasons why data scientist remains the top job in America – A discussion of why the role of data scientist has remained the top job in America.
Featured Courses From BDU
- SQL and Relational Databases 101
– Learn the basics of the database querying language, SQL.
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- Data Science: Classification Algorithms in Python(Hands-On) –April 25, 2017 @ 6 – 8:30 pm Lighthouse Labs
Cool Data Science Videos
- Machine Learning With Python – Unsupervised Learning – Measuring the Distances Between Clusters – Using Single Linkage Clustering to measure the distance between Clusters.
- Machine Learning With Python – Hierarchical Clustering Advantages & Disadvantages – A discussion of Hierarchical Clustering.
- Machine Learning With Python – Unsupervised Learning K Means Clustering Advantages & Disadvantages – A discussion of K-Means Clustering.