Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- IBM, Visa partner to make the Internet of things commerce friendly – IBM Watson’s IoT platform and Visa’s token technology will partner to increase the capability of IoT devices.
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers – Useful Solutions to Data Science Interview Questions.
- The Mathematics of Machine Learning – The importance of Mathematics and Statistics in the field of Machine Learning.
- How to analyze text – Broad Overview of extracting data from text.
- IBM wants to bring machine learning to the mainframe – IBM will aim to bring its platform for Machine Learning to the z systems portfolio.
- Spark gets faster for streaming analytics – Spark Summit in Boston highlights progress in fields such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- IBM and Fox make a big impact with Hidden Figures screening – IBM and Fox partner to show screenings of Hidden Figures to young aspiring engineers and scientists.
- IBM Turns Watson Into A Cybersecurity Weapon Amid White House Interest – IBM Watson will use it abilities to spot security breaches and hacking attempts.
- Software Engineering vs Machine Learning Concepts – Brief discussion of differences between Software Engineering and Machine Learning concepts.
- January New Data Packages –A list of new R data packages for the month of January.
- Removing Outliers Using Standard Deviation in Python – Using Standard Deviation to remove outliers with Python.
- Natural Language Processing Key Terms, Explained – A brief explanation of 18 Natural Language processing terms for beginners.
- Graphs from 1900 that depict a snapshot of African American life – A series of charts made in 1900 by W.E.B Du Bois.
- A National Pizza Day investigation: how many slices a day do Americans eat? – A look into the data surrounding the pizza eating habits of Americans.
- IBM’s new weather app sends emergency alerts without a network – IBM has created a weather app which utilizes Mesh Network Alerts enabling transmission of notifications without cellular network.
Upcoming Data Science Events
Featured Courses From BDU
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
Cool Data Science Videos
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Training a Restricted Boltzmann Machine
– This video from our free course on Tensorflow demonstrates how to train a Restricted Boltzmann Machine using Tensorflow.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EaVZbmAnV0 – A demonstration of how to build a collaborative, filtering based recommendation system using a Boltzmann Machine and Tensorflow.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Initializing a Restricted Boltzmann Machine.
– This video will demonstrate how to build a initializer-restricted Boltzmann machine.