Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- IBM and United Airlines collaborate on enterprise iOS apps – United Airlines partners with IBM to develop iOS apps in an effort more efficient customer service.
- Capturing IoT data from network’s edge to the cloud – Improving customer service through combining untapped IoT data and traditional consumer data.
- Becoming a Data Scientist – The skills and tools needed to become an effective Data Scientist.
- IBM’s Watson wants to help you do your taxes at H&R Block – IBM Watson partners with H&R Block to improve customer service and identify credits and deductions.
- Essentials of working with Python cloud (Ubuntu) – A summary of functionalities that may assist in running Python scripts on the Ubuntu cloud.
- First IBM France Sparkathon a winning success
– Top Apache Spark enthusiasts participated in the first IBM Sparkathon aimed at improving banking customer services.
- Now over 10,000 packages in R – The official R package repository has surpassed the 10,000 mark.
- IBM calls healthcare industry a ‘leaky vessel in a stormy sea’ – How the healthcare industry is more at risk for cyberattacks.
- A Computer Just Clobbered Four Pros At Poker – Program making use of A.I. algorithm defeats poker professionals.
- Internet of Things Tutorial: IoT Devices and the Semantic Sensor Web – How IoT applications utilize multiple sensors and Internet connected devices.
- The 5 deadly Data Management sins – 5 practices to avoid Data Management pitfalls.
- Data Scientist – best job in America, again – Glassdoor has again ranked the Data Scientist position as the best job in USA.
- Internet of Things: Setting business vision on speed and agility – The importance of an agile data platform in a competitive atmosphere.
- Stream processing and the IBM Open Platform – Choosing the right engine for real-time data processing with Hadoop.
- R Packages worth a look – A roundup of some interesting R packages.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- IBM Event: Big Data and Analytics Summit – February 14, 2017 @ 7:15 am – 4:45 pm, Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel 525 Bay St. Toronto Ontario.
Cool Data Science Videos
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Applying Recurrent Networks to Language Modelling – Explanation of Applying Recurrent Networks to Language Modelling
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Introduction to Unsupervised Learning – Overview of the basic concepts of Unsupervised Learning.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – RBMs and Autoencoders
– An overview of RBMs and Autoencoders.